RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Movies and TV Thread - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Movies and TV Thread (/showthread.php?tid=128)

Movies and TV Thread - Manga - 09-22-2018

What movies have you recently seen, and TV shows are you currently watching?

Right now my TV focus is on watching The Office for the first time as well as watching the new season of Better Call Saul.

RE: Movies and TV Thread - Teddy - 09-22-2018

I've never really been a fan of TV/Netflix, but recently my roommate convinced me to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time. It was one of those pop culture phenomena that I had missed the boat on, and at this point was practically stubbornly not watching it just to say I hadn't watched it ("Oh, it can't be that amazing"). Well, it definitely was that amazing. The whole trilogy was an incredible experience, with the sweeping displays of nature, the epic battle scenes, and lots of meaningful conversations between the characters. Now I almost can't understand how people can pack enough content into shorter movies. I'm also driven to read the books now.

Even though I felt that I was over 15 years late to it, I am glad I watched it, and I highly recommend anyone else who hasn't seen it to definitely see it! Thumbsup

-Teddy

RE: Movies and TV Thread - Wee Man - 09-24-2018

(09-22-2018, 02:34 PM)Teddy Wrote: I've never really been a fan of TV/Netflix, but recently my roommate convinced me to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time. It was one of those pop culture phenomena that I had missed the boat on, and at this point was practically stubbornly not watching it just to say I hadn't watched it ("Oh, it can't be that amazing"). Well, it definitely was that amazing. The whole trilogy was an incredible experience, with the sweeping displays of nature, the epic battle scenes, and lots of meaningful conversations between the characters. Now I almost can't understand how people can pack enough content into shorter movies. I'm also driven to read the books now.

Even though I felt that I was over 15 years late to it, I am glad I watched it, and I highly recommend anyone else who hasn't seen it to definitely see it! Thumbsup

-Teddy

I'm in a similar boat with the Marvel films (MCU). I'd decided that the marvel franchise just wasn't for me, I never really considered myself an "action" fan and that's how I'd categorised the films in my head, similar to the Transformers films, just not something I'd enjoy. That all changed when I discovered the Netflix shows. When Jessica Jones season 1 dropped on Netflix I decided to give it a chance mostly due to David Tennant playing a major role in it and he's pretty fantastic. I was blown away, I had been massively underestimating these shows over some stubborn notion that I didn't think I'd like them despite not knowing anything about them.

Anyway I then, like I do with anything I sink my teeth into, jumped in feet first and watched the rest of the Netflix shows, Daredevil S1 + 2, Luke Cage, Punisher, Jessica Jones S2, The Defenders and like 3/4 of Iron Fist which I just gave up on ever getting any good. At this point I'd still not seen any of the feature length MCU films and kind of put it off for a while until Infinity War came out earlier this year and absolutely exploded on social media to the point where I felt like I was missing out on a major part of this generations pop culture. I decided I was going to catch up before the next one came out.

Here I am, a week later after watching the first installment (Iron Man) and I'm 11 films deep without any signs of slowing down.

RE: Movies and TV Thread - Murdoc - 09-24-2018

US or UK Office?

RE: Movies and TV Thread - Ryan - 09-24-2018

Dark Knight Trilogy, The 100, The Arrow, Peaky Blinders, GoT

RE: Movies and TV Thread - Wee Man - 09-25-2018

(09-24-2018, 09:20 PM)Murdoc Wrote: US or UK Office?

UK. It's not even close.

RE: Movies and TV Thread - Vio - 09-25-2018

Season 3 of this is out October 5th.

RE: Movies and TV Thread - W13 - 09-25-2018

I never had much time for TV but I always made time for Game of Thrones. Currently waiting for the final season.

I also watch Youtube during almost all meals: mostly educational videos, (selected) TED talks, and talk shows.

RE: Movies and TV Thread - Murdoc - 09-26-2018

(09-25-2018, 06:41 AM)Wee Man Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 09:20 PM)Murdoc Wrote: US or UK Office?

UK. It's not even close.
To be fair I think the US Office is the closest that Americans have ever come to pulling off British humour (not the scenes that were copied word for word, of course). Steve Carrell did an amazing job throughout that show. It should have been pulled with him leaving. As good as Robert California was - Michael was irreplaceable...

RE: Movies and TV Thread - zGoat - 10-20-2018

Just watching Snatch and then going to go onto Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels.
Has to be one of the best British Films ever produced and shows the adaptability of Brad Pitt, playing a bare knuckle boxer in the film.

As for series just finished watching Maniac. Great series with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. Would HIGHLY recommend.