RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
The Bear Is Back - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Bear Is Back (/showthread.php?tid=132)

The Bear Is Back - Teddy - 09-22-2018

Hi everyone, my name's Teddy. I joined the old Zybez forums in May of 2006, and until late 2012 was always lurking around to some degree. I had a rather exhaustive About Me that I had posted on my old Zybez profile, but I'm going to give the tl;dr this time Wink

I helped CL the boards of Achievements, Guides, and General Discussion (see creepy signature). Contentwise, I co-founded the Zybez20 podcast team and spoke on the first several episodes, and I also wrote several of the Zybez blogs as well as edited the Zybez site on the content team for a brief time. Finally, I was a Senior Member and had the privilege of mentoring the great Ramu!

A week or so ago, I lurked on the old forums for my annual/biannual checkup and saw they were getting shut down, which made me sadder than I thought it would. I figured it would be a good idea to hang out in the Discord and these new RSC forums and see what I can do to keep the magic alive!

Looking forward to catching up with old friends again!

-Teddy

RE: The Bear Is Back - Murdoc - 09-22-2018

Welcome back, Teddy!

You were the leading figure in GD's 'Golden Age' when I was starting out on RSC. I learned alot from reading your posts to the extent I tried to emulate your style, too. And though I was a bit of a nobody at the time - why I tried to join GD when its regulars started competing with Questions, haha.

I don't understand how you weren't given Senior Member sooner, because you should've progressed all the way up the ladder, but no-one has ever said that politics makes a great deal of sense...

RE: The Bear Is Back - Matt Slater - 09-22-2018

Welcome back, Teddy!

RE: The Bear Is Back - Kevin - 09-22-2018

You're definitely before my time. I had just started the game in 2005. Nice to see you around!

RE: The Bear Is Back - Wee Man - 09-22-2018

Saw tonnes of your in depth GD posts when I first starting posting in early 2009. Glad to see you back.

RE: The Bear Is Back - Krystal - 09-22-2018

(09-22-2018, 03:06 PM)Teddy Wrote: A week or so ago, I lurked on the old forums for my annual/biannual checkup and saw they were getting shut down, which made me sadder than I thought it would. I figured it would be a good idea to hang out in the Discord and these new RSC forums and see what I can do to keep the magic alive!

This is my thought process as well.  I've played many games over the past decade, picked up a few friends along the way.. but something about the folks I've met here on RSC holds a special place in my heart. I really want to cling onto the magic of this community, even if I end up not sticking with RS.

<3 Teddy

RE: The Bear Is Back - Yoto32 - 09-22-2018

Hey Teddy, I don't remember your posts but I remember us being great friends, up to the point where you would tease me about getting Seme. Great to see you're returning to the community, was fun chatting on discord.

Your sig looks like a dorky version of Snape just so you know.

RE: The Bear Is Back - The duck - 09-22-2018

Welcome old friend