The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking (/showthread.php?tid=157)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - Matzz - 09-25-2018

(09-24-2018, 05:31 PM)Murdoc Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 04:28 PM)W13 Wrote: As a medical doctor, I can tell you that obesity isn't something to be accepted, tolerated, or worse: celebrated. Obesity makes almost every disease worse and is one of the leading causes of scores of others.
++^googol

It drives me absolutely mad to see all this 'plus size' acceptance crap, especially what's being peddled by the BBC day in day out. These people are actively killing themselves in the public eye and no one is doing anything about it. Are we genuinely just living out the Empereror's new clothes? 

Just insane. Especially when people (women) who take care of themselves by going to the gym regularly, and so on, are vilified for promoting 'unobtainable' and (wait for it) 'unhealthy' body images/standards. 

!!!

Eat less and do more. It's not rocket science. Stop making so many excuses for yourselves. If you don't care about your size, that's fine, but don't kid yourself or try to kid others by going on an Orwellian PR crusade to pretend it's something they should all aspire to as well. 

Sheesh.

Pretty much what you said. 

I will never understand all those fat people saying stuff like "I'm fat but I feel beautifull and I love myself" etc. How can you love yourself when you're doing these horrible things to your body, eating trash food, literally living on a couch in front of tv?? Few weeks ago I heard of a women that was complaining that her plus size clothes costs more, like it's unfair and it discriminate fat people, like bloody hell what's going on in her mind? You can do whatever you want with your body, you can eat yourself to death but remember, when your body is starting to fall apart you're the only one to blame. 

Irl example - my friend has a fat gf. She always complain about it blaming her genetics, about how she would love to loose weight etc but that's all she does, talking and dreaming about it, she literally does nothing and it's been going for 7 years now, plus she's eating like 4000 calories daily and spend all her free time in front of tv/pc. On the other side, I have my father that's 54 now and since he started working out he's in the gym everyday on 6am for the last 6 months, he already has a 6 pack and lost like 22 kgs, and one thing he regrets is not starting working out few years earlier.

EDIT: And yes, he's been smoking for 20+ years but after few months of hard work at the gym his medical results are better than those he had when he was 25.

RE: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - Saddam - 09-25-2018

main thing to bear in mind is smoking is cool and glamorous, being fat isn't

RE: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - The duck - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 07:04 AM)W13 Wrote: Just wanna throw in another two cents into this thread:

I work as a doctor in Indonesia... often in rural areas where education is muddled with religion, myths, and traditions. Most people here believe that fatness is correlated with health. So, they firmly believe that the fatter you are, the healthier you are. Now just imagine the look of horror on my face when the patient brings in their 2 year old who is so obese that he's gasping for breath, got fat stored in all sorts of places (my brain screaming: "his body decided to use the forehead to store fat because there's no other place left?!"), and the parents decide to ask me: "he's so healthy, why is he having breathing problems?"

Me: "What makes you think he's healthy?"
Parents: "Look how chubby he is. He's very healthy. He loves to eat spicy food and drink sweet tea without a problem."
Me: "Wait... you're feeding this 2 year old sweet tea? ... and did you say spicy food?"
Parents: "Yeah, and he loves to drink sugary syrup drinks."
Me: "... well that explains the rotted out teeth. does he not brush his teeth?"
Parents: "No, he's too young for a toothbrush. he's just a kid, doc."
Me: "... Okay, so... he's too young for a toothbrush, but you see no problem in him drinking tea? How many cups a day btw?"
Parents: (noticing my strained voice) "...err... how many cups eh? hmm... one or two..."
Me: "Truthfully please..."
Parents: "Four sometimes."
Me: "So, about five or more."
Parents: "Yes." ... "Can you give him an injection?"
Me: "What do you mean 'injection'? I'll order the nurse to explain to you on how to change his diet and educate you on how to keep him within healthy weight limits. And I'll prescribe some oral medications for the breathing problem."
Parents: "... Because injections work better and faster."
Me: "... no. Listen... injections are just a method of delivering medicine. It isn't necessarily better or faster."
Parents: "... The other doctors gives injections. Are you a fresh grad?"
Me: "..." (choosing to ignore the question) ... "Why isn't he wearing shoes btw?"
Parents: "He doesn't like to walk. He gets tired."
Me: "... so you carry him everywhere?"
Parents: "The mother loves him. It's our first child."
Me: "What activities does he have other than eating?"
Parents: "He is very smart. He turns on Youtube all by himself and watches all day. He can even charge the phone himself."
Me: "... I meant physical activities."
Parents: (trying to think of something to say to make me happy) "We regularly take him for oil massage since he was born"
Me: "... that explains the deformed skull."
Parents: *whispering to each other in local dialect* "next time, we'll take him for coin-rubbing instead. This doctor doesn't know anything."
Me: "..." *giving them the prescription* ... "NEXT!"
This has got to be a copypasta

RE: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - W13 - 09-25-2018

Duck you're such a spammer. Lol How did you ever get Mod on Zybez Forums? Lol

RE: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - The duck - 09-26-2018

(09-25-2018, 05:32 PM)W13 Wrote: Duck you're such a spammer. Lol How did you ever get Mod on Zybez Forums? Lol

Now you hurt my feelings Sad

RE: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - Trevor - 09-26-2018

(09-24-2018, 04:28 PM)W13 Wrote: As a medical doctor, I can tell you that obesity isn't something to be accepted, tolerated, or worse: celebrated. Obesity makes almost every disease worse and is one of the leading causes of scores of others.

I hear patients say stuff like, "yeah well, in my family it's normal. we're all a bit larger. it's genetic." - maybe genes play a minor role but mostly it's the habits and environment, and things like portion sizes, snacking habits, types of foods in the house, (lack of) exercise habits, etc.

smh.

I shit you not, I had someone who studied obesity medicine try to tell me obesity is linked in with metabolism issues and nothing else. I responded with the simple "what happened to thyroid issues being the main problem?"  Angel

RE: Obesity 'to be linked to more female cancers' than smoking - Murdoc - 09-26-2018

Your story is just straight-up sickening child abuse. Can you not report the parents or are there not really any measures in place in your country to deal with situations like that?