The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Favourite update or piece of content? - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Favourite update or piece of content? (/showthread.php?tid=174)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - Manga - 09-28-2018

I have a soft spot for the construction update. It lead me to be more social in the game and helped me start my first social community around it. I like the idea of houses even though people don't use them for fun anymore.

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - Saddam - 09-28-2018

slayer, the month after getting 85, camping slayer tower and trading whips for phats was the best feeling in life and nothing compares to it

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - The duck - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Saddam Wrote: slayer, the month after getting 85, camping slayer tower and trading whips for phats was the best feeling in life and nothing compares to it

Wasn't slayer extremely slow xp back then?

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - Yoto32 - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 04:26 PM)The duck Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Saddam Wrote: slayer, the month after getting 85, camping slayer tower and trading whips for phats was the best feeling in life and nothing compares to it

You got exp equal to the HP of the monster. And since you gained 4 combat exp for every 1 point of damage you dealt, that meant slayer was 1/4 the exp.

Which meant it was fucking HELL for the majority of clanners who all got maxed combat before slayer came out.

Speaking of, anybody remember the whole "PC Product" insult? Man good times.

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - The duck - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 04:41 PM)Yoto32 Wrote:

You got exp equal to the HP of the monster. And since you gained 4 combat exp for every 1 point of damage you dealt, that meant slayer was 1/4 the exp.

Which meant it was fucking HELL for the majority of clanners who all got maxed combat before slayer came out.

Just remember getting 5k-10k xp per hour at early 70s, slayer without a cannon is still painful

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - Giggity - 09-28-2018

Hahaa "PC Product" was the best ever.  I was one back when it originally dropped lol.

My favorite update though, personally was OSRS raids.  I would say the first day, trying to figure out how to beat olm with the clan, plus the pre raid hype, it was a good time.

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - Saddam - 09-29-2018

there were about 300 players with maxed melee in entire rs when slayer came out, di reqs were 110 combat, afk training was faster but those who stuck with slayer ended up extremely rich

am i missing something or isnt slay xp still the same as the monsters hp?

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - Murdoc - 09-30-2018

(09-27-2018, 05:05 PM)Matt Slater Wrote: Castle Wars was pretty A-1.

Nothing like being an noob with explosive vials and barricades, killing high levels with falling rocks. : ' )
Oh my God, haha, yeah that was brilliant. Especially spamming barricades everywhere to piss everyone off indiscriminately. Lol
(09-29-2018, 12:00 AM)Saddam Wrote: am i missing something or isnt slay xp still the same as the monsters hp?
Aye.

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - Daddy Geo - 10-07-2018

When I first got into Runescape, I was about 17. My brother and I learned about it from a friend back in the UK in around 2003, a few months before the release of the beta for "Runescape 2". I played a fair bit of classic, as my parents loved personal computers and we each had PCs ever since the late 80s (my first Amstrad 464, the days...)

Anyhow, once they released it, I was absolutely blown away. I think of RS2 releasing as not just a new era for the MMO but, a new era for games in general.

Oh, the release of pest control was pretty cool too  Big Grin

RE: Favourite update or piece of content? - zGoat - 10-07-2018

I'd have to say Ironman addition to the game.
I vastly enjoy the challenge of unlocking content and the measure of difficulty in trying new content from an ironman prospective, no buying bis gear.
Also when it comes to collecting new Armour/Weapons, it is rare with a normal based playing style you would even want to use your time trying to get the killcount for the drops, but the feeling of achievement when getting that item from a drop is something else.
Also as an ironman you take notice of a lot of things within the game like shop stocks, quick gp methods and i do have an alt that earns very nice gp buying bulk from shops no-one usually notices.

So yeah the level of runescape ironman mode opens up has to be one of the best updates.
The grinds are challenging, the ironluck is a real thing though.