The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Third Party Posting - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Clan Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Third Party Posting (/showthread.php?tid=219)

Pages: 1 2

Third Party Posting - Wee Man - 09-28-2018

Since activity here is fairly low for the time being, should we try out allowing 3PPing clan events? Im thinking direct copy and pastes from clan boards with a link back to the original topic which leaves no room for baiting/trolling.

RE: Third Party Posting - Jack - 09-28-2018

I don’t believe it should have to be copied from a particular forum.

As long as it meets the other rules (starting, ending pics) and is appropriately tagged as 3PP I’m not sure as to why it needs policing further.

RE: Third Party Posting - Wee Man - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 08:03 AM)Jack Wrote: I don’t believe it should have to be copied from a particular forum.

As long as it meets the other rules (starting, ending pics) and is appropriately tagged as 3PP I’m not sure as to why it needs policing further.

Because the last time we tried it with that kind of an approach people used it to bait and troll rivals/people they didn't like etc which lead to it's removal. If we let people c&p topics from clan boards they're directly using the clans' own words so it'd be pretty much like the clan themselves had posted which is more what we had in mind when 3PP was originally around. I'm just thinking of ways to get the section kick started with some activity really.

RE: Third Party Posting - Jack - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 08:06 AM)Wee Man Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 08:03 AM)Jack Wrote: I don’t believe it should have to be copied from a particular forum.

Because the last time we tried it with that kind of an approach people used it to bait and troll rivals/people they didn't like etc which lead to it's removal. If we let people c&p topics from clan boards they're directly using the clans' own words so it'd be pretty much like the clan themselves had posted which is more what we had in mind when 3PP was originally around. I'm just thinking of ways to get the section kick started with some activity really.
The last time you policed 3PP it was never used other than by trolls because there was a form you had to complete immaculately otherwise the topic would just be locked or deleted. No freedom of posting was allowed in any way, shape or form on Zybez 3PP’s. Therefore you made it into a thing where it only benefitted trolls rather than actually spark traffic or discussion.

I can’t understand why there can’t be some freedom / relaxation over 3PP on here. Who’s actually  going to scour random clan and team forums to see if a fights happened and if it’s been posted? Who’s actually going to check that every 3PP here matches the clan/team’s forum post word for word? Let’s be honest; if the winning clan hasn’t posted then clearly they don’t care about their representation here. Why should what’s posted actually matter as long as it’s proven a fight took place?

(09-28-2018, 09:29 AM)Jack Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 08:06 AM)Wee Man Wrote:

The last time you policed 3PP it was never used other than by trolls because there was a form you had to complete immaculately otherwise the topic would just be locked or deleted. No freedom of posting was allowed in any way, shape or form on Zybez 3PP’s. Therefore you made it into a thing where it only benefitted trolls rather than actually spark traffic or discussion.

I can’t understand why there can’t be some freedom / relaxation over 3PP on here. Who’s actually  going to scour random clan and team forums to see if a fights happened and if it’s been posted? Who’s actually going to check that every 3PP here matches the clan/team’s forum post word for word? Let’s be honest; if the winning clan hasn’t posted then clearly they don’t care about their representation here. Why should what’s posted actually matter as long as it’s proven a fight took place?

Fair points, my main concern is that it'll get out of hand fast. The previous attempt was very simple, Starting pic, ending pic and a title. That was it, not exactly difficult to adhere to but still ways were found to troll their opponents. It was mostly used to post a win over their rivals/people they didn't like and then shit talk them in the topic which I guess could still happen here with what I suggested but at least the clan that's getting blasted has their own side of the story as the opening post.

The people who will use 3PP to the fullest are people who want to discuss a fight or an event that's happened but hasn't been posted anywhere but that clans forum. It matters what's posted because say for example ROT knows VR lost a fight, if they can use their own words they're going to blast them in the opening post mercilessly and that topic is going off the rails within 3 posts, you know it, I know it and everybody in the clan community knows it. However, if they're forced to use VR's own words on the fight by pasting their topic I feel like the discussion is more likely going to be about the fight rather than about how the topic poster is painting the clan in a negative light essentially flame baiting them.

RE: Third Party Posting - Saddam - 09-28-2018

are you serious? let people post whatever kind of topic they want. do you want an active forum or do you want a dead forum with no baiting and trolling because those are your choices. you guys killed the old cd forum with your rules and interference so learn from your mistakes.

(09-28-2018, 03:38 PM)Saddam Wrote: are you serious? let people post whatever kind of topic they want. do you want an active forum or do you want a dead forum with no baiting and trolling because those are your choices. you guys killed the old cd forum with your rules and interference so learn from your mistakes.

I'm happy to try that out if that's what everyone would prefer, I've always been on the side of the CD section being there for the clans rather than for the site but I don't think it'll go well and there'll be a lot of crying from everyone who gets blasted by a topic made by rival retards or when they catch suspensions for taking things too far.

RE: Third Party Posting - Giggity - 09-28-2018

I think its fine to do this, as long as the topic is the exact same as on the boards it originated. No edits, just a direct quote. If its not the exact topic, then they should be removed.

RE: Third Party Posting - Yoto32 - 09-28-2018

If a clan's not going to post their fights here, they aren't going to do it whether or not we have 3PP, or whether or not people bait with 3PPs either. I think we should allow people to make their own 3PP topics in their words but remove if they're clearly bait topics.

RE: Third Party Posting - Arck - 09-28-2018

Letem as long as its a direct quote. 👍