The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
What memory do you miss most? - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: What memory do you miss most? (/showthread.php?tid=276)

Pages: 1 2 3

What memory do you miss most? - Kevin - 10-12-2018

Whether it's trading in World 1 Varrock bank or PKing in the wilderness, what was your most fond memory of the game?

I personally miss being new and exploring things for the first time. Especially when I got members and entered in through Taverley gates by Falador for the first time...

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Chvrlie - 10-12-2018

I miss being new and exploring as well, it was fun and exciting to discover all the new things I could do. Although, I do feel like I'm still figuring out things about the game despite playing it on and off for 10+ years.

I do remember my brother, who got me into the game, helping me kill imps to complete Imp Catcher. I also used to log in occasionally just to woodcut, it quickly became my favourite skill and my first 99 when I really got into playing.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Daddy Geo - 10-12-2018

Falador park, how everyone was super organized with their trade sections (even with all the chaos). Varrock west bank didnt have a thing on the park. Closest it ever got to the GE. I even knew a guy that sold quest kits  Smile

RE: What memory do you miss most? - n_n - 10-13-2018

Like everybody else said, I also miss being completely new and exploring this game for the first time. Especially since it was my first online game. Being 11-12 years old at the time, it felt magical and I was instantly hooked. But the memory I really miss the most was my first experience with membership a couple months after I had started (the friend who got me into RS gifted me 1 month)-- going through the members-only gates for the first time, learning the existence of that "red dagger with the green tip" that hits twice when I fought a friend at the Dual Arena (which prompted me to quickly do the "Lost City" quest) and just being blown away by all the members-only content was awesome. 2005-2006 was a great time for me. =)

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Fire Hawk154 - 10-13-2018

Being new and chilling with people I met, looking up to people with high combat levels and generally being a lot more social.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - The duck - 10-13-2018

Adventures. Though Zeah kind of offers that again for everyone.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Manga - 10-13-2018

I miss the community being built in-game rather than in communities outside the game with 3rd party clients. I think it's better now with communities outside the game chat, but the current silence in most skilling areas is telltale.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Wee Man - 10-13-2018

I miss the 24/7 action that cc teams provided during the BH world era of pking. You could literally chill in a cc all day just fucking around pking, bsing the cc, fighting other cc teams etc. It was also a great way of introducing a lot of new blood to the clan world which would be nice again.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - W13 - 10-13-2018

(10-13-2018, 05:05 PM)Manga Wrote: I miss the community being built in-game rather than in communities outside the game with 3rd party clients.  I think it's better now with communities outside the game chat, but the current silence in most skilling areas is telltale.

Despite being a parasite myself  Tongue as a player, I'd have to agree...  I miss how the really simple chat system was used successfully to have all sorts of community in game.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Jay - 10-14-2018

I miss being able to login and see all of my friends online. I used to almost exclusively play in world 104 - and being able to login and see my entire friends list as green is a feeling I will never forget. Logging on and being able to play with all of my friends doing whatever activity we decided to do for that day is a feeling I can never get back.