The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
What memory do you miss most? - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: What memory do you miss most? (/showthread.php?tid=276)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Hell Nova - 10-14-2018

I miss BH days, I miss massing up with your clan and wondering around and world hopping in the wild hoping to run into another clan to start a fight with and I miss the days when you couldn't change your RSN. There is so much more I could go on about.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Vio - 10-23-2018

F2P clan PKing. Back when there were a ton of F2P worlds as well. Just walking around deep wild, hopping at east tree, charging gdz... good times.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Hemlock - 10-23-2018

I miss 99ing my first cape which was Smithing. I remember stepping towards the anvil quoting Radiohead's "Fitter Happier" before I smithed five bronze daggers for the cape. I hope those people who received a dagger still has one in their bank.

I remember world hopping with Lord V Unit mining runite in deep wilderness. He would pop in, tell me when to hit enter and snag an ore or he'd kill a noob. Lots of laughs.

I miss many aspects of the game but I don't miss the daily grind of handling so many tasks in such little time. I don't play games to stress. Having a comp cape meant nothing when you can't wear it on a weekly basis.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - zGoat - 10-23-2018

I miss World 2 Falador Park mostly. It was such a lit place, everyone separated into their item "group" into a part of the park.
The grand exchange introduction had made the game easier and does sort of avoid the possibility of getting majorly scammed for an item, but as someone who played pre-grand exchange, I don't enjoy the update.
I bet so many of us played the game of buying bulk items in World 9,12,18 and a couple others which were the most "popular" worlds for "noobs" selling items with no idea on guideline prices. Then switch to World 2 and repeat.

Also ofcourse most of us miss the 05-07 (or whenever the update came) years of playerkilling. I used to be very successful in my adventures and had multiple maxed pures back in the day. Made a few clans, joined a few clans and ofcourse we've all "joined" a random clan just to backstab the leader then run away shouting nooooooobbbbs.

Since re-joining I've not ventured into the wilderness due to enjoying the ventures of PvM plus watching players like DitterBitter etc. makes me feel like re-joining that playing style would take commitment to get upto scratch of the dominant pk'ers of today

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Molson - 10-26-2018

Massing up in edge in in the old days (2005/06) when I was in RSD and hitting 399 opts. Miss those big rivalries before all this ddosing and stupid shit that happens these days.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Matzz - 10-28-2018

I miss random people stopping and chatting, becoming friends with phrase like "add me?" or "wanna be friends?". RuneScape became very silent these days, people are too busy watching yt/netflix while scaping or on discord, so public chat is not used very often. I also miss that feeling of being new to the game, slowly exploring everything, dying from time to time, not knowing something like xp waste, collecting random coins from the floor etc. I remember when I was pretty new to RS back in 2004/5 maybe, I was f2p for a very long time and I spent like few months on lesser demons @ karamja volcano training my ranged - alched hundreds of rune med helms. Also I had a high lvl friend that was one of those professional players with membership, and once a week he was supplying me with steel, and then mithril arrows, even now I still remember his nickname. And most of all, I miss all my friends that quit RS.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Saddam - 10-29-2018

friends, enemies, f2p clans, being high lvl when it was rare, being popular, rune essense running when noobs didn't expect 4m an hour and to be individually negotiated with on this shitty discord thing and there were 100s of people doing it 24/7 on world 66, it being worthwhile to gather resources instead of everything done by bots and 99% of the game desolate with everyone killing monsters or standing at the ge, no lvl 90s with cannon at every slayer spot they bought bonds with irl money to afford, the way the community in general was before youtube, streamers, reddit and assholes who go around telling you this or that is "the meta" for how a skill is to be trained, hot rs girls, like where did they all go, now that i'm financially successful irl enough to get them to overlook the incel autism thing i have going on i can't find one that plays rs, and i miss when people would read what i had to say because they still used forums

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Ravose - 10-30-2018

The 2008-2012 days of F2P clan/team activity. There were so many clans/teams/players that you could really have PvP (whether CWA/Wilderness) almost every day if you could commit to it. We are all older now, but the playerbase was huge and fairly organized for when I started truly clanning at those years. Seeing how it is now although I am out of the loop of things, I am glad I started going into other online games.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Lockheid - 11-05-2018

Where does one even begin? One of the things that come to mind is the pre-GE era, with players running their own marketplace. The anticipation of finding new wares, good deals and just the general ebb and flow of player trade felt like a real community. The convenience of the GE has kind of ruined that and imo contributed to 'no xp waste' instant gratification rs culture.

Similarly, I used to really enjoy going around to general stores to see what random items they might have, and if you were lucky, to see people selling rune items there.

RE: What memory do you miss most? - Hell Nova - 11-18-2018

It's crazy how addictive RS was for all of us back in 2005 onward. Literally RS was life lol!!