The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Mobile - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Mobile (/showthread.php?tid=320)

Pages: 1 2

Mobile - Kevin - 11-11-2018

Seems like mobile has made Old School RS almost as popular as it once was. Do you think it will stay or dwindle quickly?

RE: Mobile - Wee Man - 11-11-2018

(11-11-2018, 02:24 AM)Kevin Wrote: Seems like mobile has made Old School RS almost as popular as it once was. Do you think it will stay or dwindle quickly?

Depends how it appeals to new players, for me the game is pretty shit but I've been here for 12 years and PvP is all I enjoy now maybe for new folk coming from mobile they'll find something about it they enjoy.

RE: Mobile - Fire Hawk154 - 11-11-2018

I think it will go down a little bit, but overall the app works pretty well and seems properly designed (easy to access etc) so it might actually keep the traffic higher than it was before.

RE: Mobile - W13 - 11-13-2018

I haven't tried it but my expectation is that it will be absolute shit upon release and then there'll be a golden window of opportunity for them to quickly fix issues and adapt. If they ignore this, the game will fail. If they take advantage and be open to feedback and quick to improve, they'll get it to be #1 game in the world within months.

RE: Mobile - The duck - 11-14-2018

(11-13-2018, 02:09 AM)W13 Wrote: I haven't tried it but my expectation is that it will be absolute shit upon release and then there'll be a golden window of opportunity for them to quickly fix issues and adapt. If they ignore this, the game will fail. If they take advantage and be open to feedback and quick to improve, they'll get it to be #1 game in the world within months.
Feedback is actually pretty good. Beta was launched in summer, it is official now.

RE: Mobile - W13 - 11-16-2018

FYI: There's already spike in traffic on 2007Rshelp.com due to mobile.

RE: Mobile - Hell Nova - 11-18-2018

It'll more than likely dwindle down some but, still brought a lot of people back to the game and also brought in new players. Both are nice in my opinion.

RE: Mobile - Suzuna - 11-18-2018

The app is good, it runs really smoothly, but it really drains my phone's battery fast. I'm also surprised that a lot of people would start playing just because of mobile, I can't really imagine any situation where I'd play Runescape besides when I'm at home. It's cool though.

RE: Mobile - The duck - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 03:11 AM)Suzuna Wrote: The app is good, it runs really smoothly, but it really drains my phone's battery fast. I'm also surprised that a lot of people would start playing just because of mobile, I can't really imagine any situation where I'd play Runescape besides when I'm at home. It's cool though.

Did you try limiting FPS?

RE: Mobile - Yoda - 11-19-2018

I tried it out. Seems to clumsy to really do more than afk training methods.