RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Fools smoke the DMM competition - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Clan Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Fools smoke the DMM competition (/showthread.php?tid=77)

Fools smoke the DMM competition - Wee Man - 09-17-2018

I noticed there was no thread about the recent DMM tourny. What are your thoughts on Fools taking 3/4 of the top spots of the competition? Did taking part secretly help or hinder them?

I don't play DMM, I just don't have the time these days but I gotta say watching that final hour was pretty impressive, especially with the fights at fally and gdz, more clans should pull up and take part just for the sheer fun of it and let's be honest it's pretty good exposure for any clan that makes it far.

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Dox17 - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 09:33 AM)Wee Man Wrote: Did taking part secretly help or hinder them?

Not sure how competing secretly and getting 3/4 ppl in the finals being Fools members be considered a hindrance  Tongue

Grats to those guys, Fools are known to be upper echelon players.

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Jack - 09-17-2018

Why should more clans turn up for it? Nowadays you skill for a week, fight for 20 minutes then hope your top hybrid wins their fights. It used to be about survival - killing others, hitting other clans and teams and it felt like every kill mattered. Now everybody is able to get max stats with good gear, even if they die 10 times, essentially all because it's a glorified Jagex-sponsored hybrid tournament.

It's literally turned into a tournament to help promote Twitch streamers. The JMods couldn't give a rats ass which clan is able to win or perform well - they want the likes of B0aty and Mmorpg to win so they gain viewership and market their game. If Jagex gave two shits about clans they'd have made a JCup by now.

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Wee Man - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 06:40 PM)Jack Wrote: Why should more clans turn up for it? Nowadays you skill for a week, fight for 20 minutes then hope your top hybrid wins their fights. It used to be about survival - killing others, hitting other clans and teams and it felt like every kill mattered. Now everybody is able to get max stats with good gear, even if they die 10 times, essentially all because it's a glorified Jagex-sponsored hybrid tournament.

It's literally turned into a tournament to help promote Twitch streamers. The JMods couldn't give a rats ass which clan is able to win or perform well - they want the likes of B0aty and Mmorpg to win so they gain viewership and market their game. If Jagex gave two shits about clans they'd have made a JCup by now.

I agree with everything you said, I didn't appreciate them moving from a multi PvP orientated game mode to shitty 1v1 fights but that doesn't negate the fact you can get some good exposure and have a bit of fun even if you don't aim for the finals.

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Matt Slater - 09-17-2018

Jcup when

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Jake - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 07:22 PM)Wee Man Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 06:40 PM)Jack Wrote: Why should more clans turn up for it? Nowadays you skill for a week, fight for 20 minutes then hope your top hybrid wins their fights. It used to be about survival - killing others, hitting other clans and teams and it felt like every kill mattered. Now everybody is able to get max stats with good gear, even if they die 10 times, essentially all because it's a glorified Jagex-sponsored hybrid tournament.

I agree with everything you said, I didn't appreciate them moving from a multi PvP orientated game mode to shitty 1v1 fights but that doesn't negate the fact you can get some good exposure and have a bit of fun even if you don't aim for the finals.

The amount of sucking up JMods (Ayiza/Archie) do to streamers is pretty disgusting and really embarrassing.Pains me to agree slightly with Jack, although before they changed it from multi it was essentially a fix for whoever was the biggest clan / coalition. I don’t think that they can strike a balance between Sing le/Hybrids AND Multi in the same tournament so they should do some sort of tournament for both. 

No idea why they suck up to streamers anyway it’s not like one has actually won DMM. Well done to Finns anyway, they probably have the best quality in the clan world for this type of tournament. 

@Jack, so did Rot not participate in this one?

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Nullusion - 09-17-2018

Not all that surprising. They have had success in DMM before and are generally regarded as the clan with the best quality. They have the numbers working in their favor too. 3 out of the top 4 is pretty huge though.

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Whalemuffin - 09-17-2018

hiding in fauxcus cc was 50049530495 iq

RE: Fools smoke the DMM competition - Jokuyrtti1 - 09-21-2018

gj my boys in fools