The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Competitive Clanning - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Clan Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Competitive Clanning (/showthread.php?tid=86)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Competitive Clanning - Arck - 09-18-2018

So as you all know, I'm the creator of the WARscape topic. The purpose of this new topic, is to talk about PvP in RuneScape. 

I am a gamer with many ideas and interesting creations for the osrs clanning community. Unfortunately it's been tough trying to get everyone on board for a competition. There are two sides to every coin, this particular coin has, Pkri's and Cwri's (PK wars and CWA). So, in retrospect, this is my agenda for the clan world of RuneScape, I write this down cause i figure some have a question as to why im doing this (note: this doesnt take a lot of work. Just imagination and creativity):

1. Create general competitions
  • Create CWA competitions
  • Create PK competitions
2. Structure out a Clan league/Promotion/Organization ( Remember the days of tip.it warring)
  • Create an Honor Code for all clans to follow (Shit talking will always be allowed)
  • Re-create the clan world
  • Encourage the upbringing of more clans with average pulls of 20-30.
  • Create wars to be Matched opts at all times for competitive play.
  • Include Fun fights - non-league related (Wars where timezones fight other timezones, Armor restriction/food restriction wars, etc etc)
  • Create Live streams to broadcast wars (request help from "retired" ranks all over to become commentate)
3. Create A Clan League
  • Create a season that will determine tournament participants
  • Create a Grand Tournament that feature top-ranked clans/teams

What are your thoughts about this? I know many will believe this is crazy, and not reachable; but I have seen crazier stuff. Please discuss all your thoughts about this, and what YOU think will help the clan community.

RE: Competitive Clanning - Zaro - 09-18-2018

(09-18-2018, 05:21 AM)Arck Wrote: There are two sides to every coin, this particular coin has, Pkri's and Cwri's (PK wars and CWA). 

Sadly! Even though I've done CWA and sometimes even enjoyed it

RE: Competitive Clanning - Dox17 - 09-18-2018

The main issue and what should be your main focus is to get leaders on board. Sadly most refuse to even co-exist in a bracket or league together because that guarantees the opposition action. Clans now a days rely on starving their opponent of events to close them which will give the clan the "victory" when in reality it just makes the already dead clan world even more dead.

RE: Competitive Clanning - Jake - 09-18-2018

Who are you and what is your clanning experience?

RE: Competitive Clanning - True 2k8 - 09-18-2018

I think you're better off contacting leaders in private and selling them on this goofy idea that way

RE: Competitive Clanning - Ryan - 09-18-2018

(09-18-2018, 02:01 PM)Dox17 Wrote: The main issue and what should be your main focus is to get leaders on board. Sadly most refuse to even co-exist in a bracket or league together because that guarantees the opposition action. Clans now a days rely on starving their opponent of events to close them which will give the clan the "victory" when in reality it just makes the already dead clan world even more dead.

This pretty much sums it up. You can have the best idea in the world but if you can’t get the clans on board it is futile.

RE: Competitive Clanning - KingTheGreat - 09-19-2018

(09-18-2018, 10:36 PM)Anomaly Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 02:01 PM)Dox17 Wrote: The main issue and what should be your main focus is to get leaders on board. Sadly most refuse to even co-exist in a bracket or league together because that guarantees the opposition action. Clans now a days rely on starving their opponent of events to close them which will give the clan the "victory" when in reality it just makes the already dead clan world even more dead.

This pretty much sums it up. You can have the best idea in the world but if you can’t get the clans on board it is futile.

Especially if your clan gloats about closing other clans or go out of their way to just constantly try to ridicule others.

When I hosted the clan leader meetings, they seemed to go well, but in reality, no one gives a damn about anyone but themselves.

RE: Competitive Clanning - Ryan - 09-20-2018

(09-19-2018, 11:36 PM)KingTheGreat Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 10:36 PM)Anomaly Wrote:

Especially if your clan gloats about closing other clans or go out of their way to just constantly try to ridicule others.

When I hosted the clan leader meetings, they seemed to go well, but in reality, no one gives a damn about anyone but themselves.

Confirmed

RE: Competitive Clanning - Saddam - 09-20-2018

(09-18-2018, 05:21 AM)Arc Wrote:
  • Create an Honor Code for all clans to follow (Shit talking will always be allowed)
no prayer 1 vs 1
no logging
no running south (multi fights)
no pjing
no teleporting (unless unskulled, skilling)
no crashing official wars
no hacking or scamming

anyone want to follow this honour code?

RE: Competitive Clanning - Arck - 09-21-2018

Im honestly interested in also seeing the current no honor scene just disband. Feel like once the current clan world dies, then it can be built up great with basic structures. An Honor code created by the community like how saddam just suggested. This would be epic to see.

I'm currently working and experimenting with this on RS3. I figure i can implement the success there to osrs, but rs3 seems more difficult, lack of players