The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. - Saddam - 09-14-2018

the reason everyone has 99s is it only takes a few weeks due to updates making the game easier, not because people have been playing a long time, in 05 there were a couple of hundred people with 99 hp and rs had been out for 4 years, never played wow but apparently it went to shit for the same reason as rs and they are coming out with vanilla soon

RE: Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. - Whalemuffin - 09-17-2018

(09-10-2018, 03:41 AM)Saddam Wrote: true but its far better than the alternative, literally don't know a soul who still plays the new version of the game

A handful still log on to rs3 and play it versus OSRS that I know and they were longtime clanners/around RS for a while

I think the idea of starting over from scratch deters them from switching over to OSRS

RE: Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. - Wee Man - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 03:00 AM)Whalemuffin Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 03:41 AM)Saddam Wrote: true but its far better than the alternative, literally don't know a soul who still plays the new version of the game

A handful still log on to rs3 and play it versus OSRS that I know and they were longtime clanners/around RS for a while

I think the idea of starting over from scratch deters them from switching over to OSRS

Probably a good thing, if RS3 were to die they'd lose a massive amount of money and end up forcing outrageous MTX into OSRS which nobody would support.

RE: Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. - Dox17 - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 08:44 AM)Wee Man Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 03:00 AM)Whalemuffin Wrote:

Probably a good thing, if RS3 were to die they'd lose a massive amount of money and end up forcing outrageous MTX into OSRS which nobody would support.
[Image: 5dHon3K.png]

RE: Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. - Matt Slater - 09-17-2018

What is Runescape 3?

RE: Jagex are not developing content for the veterans, but new players. - Wee Man - 09-19-2018

(09-17-2018, 07:40 PM)Matt Slater Wrote: What is Runescape 3?

Back in 2012 Jagex released a completely revamped combat system based on abilities and an action bar (similar to other mmos). This was wildely unpopular, at least with the PvP scene and in early 2013 they offered to release "Old School" servers using a back up from 2007. 

So the game that continued being updated from the 2007 back up is referred to as Old School Runescape (OSRS, 2007scape). The original game that continued from the evolution of combat update introduced some more new features in July of 2013 and was rebranded as "Runescape 3".