RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Wildy Content - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Clan Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wildy Content (/showthread.php?tid=252)

Wildy Content - Wee Man - 10-06-2018

I believe that the wilderness should have the best gp/hr in the entire game because of the effort and risk involved. Why are Vorkath and Zulrah such good money makers with next to zero risk? It just doesn't make sense to me at all and I feel like this played a major part in dividing the player base between the PvM/PvE players and PvPers and ultimately in shifting the majority of players away from PvP over the years. The Rev caves are an excellent start and they've helped small teams and clans increase activity knowing that there's an area they can visit on every trip and get some action but it's just not enough.

Since the start of OSRS Jagex introduced a number of different updates to improve activity in the wilderness and they never really took off the way everyone hoped until Rev caves (rip jed) was released. During some discussion with Mod Ayiza a number of us pointed out that the reason for this was that the Rev caves were actually fairly balanced for "Risk vs Reward" (eventually).  You can make so much money in there while at the same time the gp/hr stays relatively stable due to the inherent risk of the area being a hotspot for pkers and clans. The same cannot be said for the rest of the content Jagex added like the Wildy Bosses, the reward for taking such a large risk wasn't worth it and the content pretty much sailed along without a major effect on wilderness activity, sure it helped but not in a way that the Rev caves have.

Do you think Jagex should introduce more content for making money in the wild that's comparable or even better than other places in the game (Vorkath, Zulrah etc)?

Do you agree that the Rev caves are balanced in terms of Risk vs Reward?

Are certain areas in the game completely busted in terms of Risk vs Reward?

Should the wild have the best GP/HR & XP methods in the game to reward the risk?

What effect would any of the above have on the clan community?

RE: Wildy Content - Jake - 10-06-2018

Well Callisto/Scorpia/Vet people don’t really do for the money although they have created some activity for Pking, they should add drops to these bosses and make it more profitable to kill them.

RE: Wildy Content - Saddam - 10-06-2018

dont know enough about all these new monsters to say but i bet rev cavs will be dead after enough of the items they drop are in the game to make it not worth going there, as i remember it when clans were at their height the best money makers in the game were slayer and 91 rc and we usually didn't worry about picking up loot from kills so it wasn't about money, we'd have better luck getting things active again with a bh world

RE: Wildy Content - Wee Man - 10-06-2018

(10-06-2018, 02:51 PM)Saddam Wrote: dont know enough about all these new monsters to say but i bet rev cavs will be dead after enough of the items they drop are in the game to make it not worth going there, as i remember it when clans were at their height the best money makers in the game were slayer and 91 rc and we usually didn't worry about picking up loot from kills so it wasn't about money, we'd have better luck getting things active again with a bh world

Old eping and low level safe areas (bh stairs, cwa lobby, fog.) would be nice to see but I don't think jagex would go down that route again.

RE: Wildy Content - Ryan - 10-06-2018

Do you think Jagex should introduce more content for making money in the wild that's comparable or even better than other places in the game (Vorkath, Zulrah etc)? 

I believe that the potential is there with revs, but they catered to safe space players. I don't see a problem with risk vs reward at all tbh.

Do you agree that the Rev caves are balanced in terms of Risk vs Reward?

Not at all, I believe there should be more reward.

Are certain areas in the game completely busted in terms of Risk vs Reward?

Yes vork is roughly 4m p/h with no risk and TOB is you are good is around 20m p/h

Should the wild have the best GP/HR & XP methods in the game to reward the risk?

Maybe not the best but at least competitive

What effect would any of the above have on the clan community?

There has to be a reason for players to come in to the wild for them to. When revs were 4mish p/h they were constantly packed now it is still somewhat packed but needs more people. I feel they should spread the gp p/h outside of the cave though.

RE: Wildy Content - Arck - 10-06-2018

Do you think Jagex should introduce more content for making money in the wild that's comparable or even better than other places in the game (Vorkath, Zulrah etc)? Yes

Do you agree that the Rev caves are balanced in terms of Risk vs Reward? Im not in a clan, but ive studied this field; i do feel it is balanced, but dont take my word for it since i am not an active clanner

Are certain areas in the game completely busted in terms of Risk vs Reward? Yes

Should the wild have the best GP/HR & XP methods in the game to reward the risk? Yes, definitely. You're risking nearly everything depended on skulled or not. You just have to, otherwise change the wilderness to Deserted cause no one would be even going there. 

What effect would any of the above have on the clan community? Well, the first question you asked is a good question. For this, i bring up Rs3's Warbands. That idea became an instant hit. Many masses of people raid camps in the wildy every so and so hours, from there they loot items and try to test their luck on grabbing Warbands raid only Items that gave good stats. What made it difficult is that, it would be announced if you got a rare to the whole public, and ofc they'd all naturally want to kill your ass. I feel like that idea was very solid, and it impacted rs3's pvp a lot. It was a great idea that took literally ages to be released. IF that was released in they heyday of clanning, then who knows what wouldve happened. But i feel a warbands idea like that would just increase PvP in general for p2p. 

But we shouldnt forget out F2P brothers out there. Again, remember when revenants hit on Rs2? It was fun times, i remember being able to go out with clans and just search revs and k0 them. Again, they had items that were not obtainable anywhere else, cept the GE i believe. It was fun, and you did meet clans every so and so. Give some F2Pers some piece of the pie, not the whole pie, just a bit. F2P as far as i know, is dead. There's no incentive and i understand, it's F2P, they should upgrade to P2P. But if F2P thrives, P2P will thrive a whole lot more, least that's my thought. give some updates to F2P, they need incentives to PK in the wildy as well.

Through all of this, i feel like the clan community would grow, and would become big. You see, The PvP community is not far off from the PvM community. If you give PvPers and PvMers and objective to kill one boss, in a P2P pk world. Then PvMers would turn to PvPers for that short period of time, vice versa. Both would be able at a shot to make massive loot. That's honestly what competition is about, making bank. This would inspire others to make clans. It would definitely impact the game alot, in positive ways

RE: Wildy Content - Tyler - 10-08-2018

Still won't change the fact that there are like 5 main clans left that all crash each other and flame each other to no end. No wilderness update will change the dying toxic excuse of what we call a main community in my opinion.

RE: Wildy Content - Dox17 - 10-08-2018

(10-08-2018, 06:06 PM)Tyler Wrote: Still won't change the fact that there are like 5 main clans left that all crash each other and flame each other to no end. No wilderness update will change the dying toxic excuse of what we call a main community in my opinion.

pretty easy to avoid the toxicity if you want to. keeping shit in game is the main issue for clanning dying. jagex needs to implement some in-game clan recruitment content. giving clans a cc and clan wars isnt enough.

RE: Wildy Content - Tyler - 10-09-2018

(10-08-2018, 08:21 PM)Dox17 Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 06:06 PM)Tyler Wrote: Still won't change the fact that there are like 5 main clans left that all crash each other and flame each other to no end. No wilderness update will change the dying toxic excuse of what we call a main community in my opinion.

pretty easy to avoid the toxicity if you want to. keeping shit in game is the main issue for clanning dying. jagex needs to implement some in-game clan recruitment content. giving clans a cc and clan wars isnt enough.
Can agree with you there. I also really liked the idea they came up with on RS3 with the clan citadel and clan capes. Should definitely reimplement that for oldschool.

RE: Wildy Content - Wee Man - 10-09-2018

(10-09-2018, 07:19 AM)Tyler Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 08:21 PM)Dox17 Wrote:

Can agree with you there. I also really liked the idea they came up with on RS3 with the clan citadel and clan capes. Should definitely reimplement that for oldschool.

Citadels were awful though and the clan capes were pretty useless but fun I guess. They need to reimplement a clan "system" with all kinds of stats tracked so that developers can pull information about fights and display them. This would make capped fights a lot more meaningful rather than it being about whoever pulled the most.